We are seeking the skills of various Plant Operators to take up vacancies in our various projects across the country i.e. Mpumalanga, Western Cape & Northern Cape respectively. Please do note, that these positions are only open to South African Citizens ONLY. When applying please quote the correct reference as listed below:
1. Excavator Operator (REF: EXC01)
2. Front-End Digger Loader Operator (REF: FEL02)
3. TLB Operator (REF: TLB 03)
4. Grader Operator (REF: GRD 04)
5. Bulldozer Operator (REF: BLZ 05)
6. Articulated Dump Truck Operator (REF: ADT 06)
About the Role / Purpose of the Job
An operator in production provides support in the operation of machines for a specific mine/section/plant to achieve production requirements in a safe manner.
Functional Outputs (Critical Tasks)
• Ensure machine is constantly in a safe operable condition (completion of pre-check list)
• Demonstrate skill in the operation of machine
• Execution of daily tasks as per instructions and/or planned schedule
• Identification of any abnormal conditions and reporting thereof
High Level competencies
• Operate multi mining/construction production machinery
• Applying relevant knowledge and skills of machines, tools and equipment to adhere to standards and production targets.
• Visual inspection of working environment ensuring safety standards are adhered to and reporting any unsafe conditions.
• Complete assigned tasks accurately and ensure working areas and machinery are clean and in good condition.
• Function efficiently and effectively as part of a team to work towards achieving team goals.
• Sensitive on how your actions affect the cost of your team, identify and act on cost saving initiatives.
Key Competencies Required
Leadership: Self-Mastery i.e. takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
Functional / Technical Proficient in:
• Safety Awareness
• Safety Procedures
• Knowledge of major hazards
• Knowledge of critical controls
• Emergency Preparedness
• Standard Operating Procedures and Code of Practice applicable to tasks (SOP and COP)
• Mine Health & Safety Act
• Interpret written information & work’s instructions
• Personal attributes
• Team Orientated
• Follow instructions
• Communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Continuous Improvement/Flexibility
Note: Failure to provide AvenirHoldings with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
Should you be interested in applying please send your detailed CV with traceable references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach the following documents together with your application:
1. ID Copy
2. Drivers Licence
3. Latest Medical Certificate
4. Relevant Operator Certificate(s)
5. Most Recent Payslip
Job applications for these roles will close on 26 June 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview, should you not receive feedback within 30 days then consider your application unsuccessful.
Please note the following clauses:
• In line with AvenirHoldings commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
• In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
• Flexible regarding the following (O/T, P/H, Different Machines, Shifts, etc.)
• Must be Medically Fit.
• NO Criminal Record.
• Gr10/ N1/N2/ NCV Level 2 (preference will be given to candidates with Maths & Science as subjects)
• Valid Mining/Construction production machine license (Excavator; ADT; TLB; Front-End Loader; Bulldozer; Grader; LHD/EIMCO) attach copy of your license/s to your application
• Code 14 and or code 10
• Competent A Certificate (applicable to Moving Plant operators)