Reporting & Supporting the Southern Africa Director of Field Offices & Programs, the incumbent shall provide technical leadership and program management oversight to Amref Health Africa work in SA to ensure that the organization achieves its objectives as articulated in the Country/Field Office Strategy. He/she shall ensure development and sustenance of the SA Field Office Programme by seeking out new grant and funding opportunities for Amref Health Africa in SA from the Government/Public Sector.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
- Program Management
- Manage overall programme planning, monitoring and reporting- including compilation of quarterly and annual country programme performance reports
- Maintain regular communication and coordination of members of the programs and support teams
- Operationalize Amref SA’s ‘niche’ areas in programming and ensure the implementation of the Field Office’s programme strategy in line with the corporate strategy
- Financial Management and Business Development
- Provide technical support for proposals and fundraising for the country programme
- Solicit Government Contracts and lead the development and implementation of contract work
- Oversee the management of overall programme budget under the direction of The Director of Programs
- Advocacy, Networking & partnership management
- Advocate and represent Country programme at the highest level on matters of health development in South Africa and any other delegated responsibility by the Regional Director of Programs
- Liaise and network with relevant Amref Health Africa partners and collaborators to improve Amref’s visibility, coordination of activities and promotion of shared advocacy.
- Leadership and Coordination
- Manage project staff performance and development
- Maintain regular communication and coordination of members of the program team and other members of the Field Office
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting.
- Compile quarterly, bi-annual and annual programme performance reports and donor specific reports
- Account to the Regional Director of Programs on the delivery of strategic programme objectives and regular reporting on monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Manage the country programme development strategy and ensure that the annual work plans are reviewed and monitored
- Post graduate degree (Masters) in Health Sciences, Medicine or Health Program Management
- 5 year’s Experience in health programme management including clinical operational management
- Development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation plans
- Reporting at a senior position in a Health or related international NGO or Bilateral/multilateral organizations preferably in South Africa;
- Proven abilities in conducting impact assessments, monitoring and evaluation, documentation and advocacy;
- Superior analytical, communication and reporting skills;
- Sound IT knowledge including presentations and statistical applications (SPSS, STATA and EPI Info, etc)
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and oversee implementation of monitoring and evaluation tools
- A good command of English and South African languages.
How to Apply:
If you meet the above requirements, deliver your application letters ( Clearly indicating the title of the position being applied for in the e-mail address subject line), up-to-date CV with 2 traceable referees to the following address: Recruitment.Malawi@Amref.org
Applications received later than 10TH April, 2018, will not be considered. Selection Interview's to be conducted week beginning 16th April 2018 and Date of commencement in new positions to follow immediately soon for successful candidates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged
“AMREF – SA is an Equal opportunities Employer”