This fast-growing Plastics Injection Moulding Manufacturing Company based in the South East of Johannesburg, is looking to employ an experienced Technical Foreman to manage the interaction, Communication & coordination between the technical needs of the business, including the Toolroom and the Production Department.
The successful candidate will manage a team of Injection Moulding Setters and will report directly to the Technical Lead. This person will need to be hands-on, be highly knowledgeable, experienced in Injection moulding Processing & troubleshooting, as well as have in depth knowledge and experience in injection moulds and tooling, and how a toolroom operates and supports production. This person will need to be self-driven, be ambitious to grow in the organisation, be a good leader and team player, with good people skills, and be open-minded to change and growth.
Job Type: Permanent position, after successful completion of an agreed probationary period.
Nature of the business: Injection Moulding Product Manufacturing and Product Decoration
Start: March/April 2018
Own transport & valid drivers licence required
• A team player of sober habits with good interpersonal skills
• A hands-on approach with consistent sense of urgency
• An attitude to do what it takes to get a quality job done – well and consistently on time.
• Self-motivated and prepared to put in extra effort when required
• Respectful, honest, transparent and open individual
• Continuous learning attitude
• Someone who takes responsibility for their role and takes initiative
• Right first time approach and quality-conscious
This business has a flat management structure together with hands-on management. Direct reporting will be to the Technical Lead, but there is high involvement from everyone in this dynamic business.
Cost to company: Upwards from R300k p.a. depending on knowledge, experience and performance. Various package arrangements can be negotiated.
Annual leave arrangements for this position will need to be aligned to company requirements and shut-down periods.
Note: Shortlisted candidates may be expected partake in vocational/psychometric testing as well as the standard criminal checks.
• To manage the Injection Moulding Setters & successfully bridge the gap between the Production (Injection Moulding, In-Mould Labelling etc) & Toolroom departments to ensure that the coordination is seamless.
• Motivate and conduct effective technical/production meetings between relevant departments.
• Will need to ensure that there is consistent communication, management, maintenance and improvements between the two departments.
• Will have to monitor and account for short falls in production rates for technical reasons and technical reasons related to scrap rates, downtimes.
• Must also formulate, implement and ensure adherence to maintenance schedules
• Contribute effectively to meetings, management’s and the business’s needs
• Assist and promote coaching and training own team and others within the business with respect to Injection Moulding, moulds, in-Mould Labelling & Tooling
• Contribute, monitor & encourage/promote Health, safety and housekeeping
• Matric or equivalent
• Relevant tertiary education and or trade (eg. Qualified Toolmaker, Mechnical/Engineering Degree/Diploma etc)
• Injection Moulding Knowledge & Experience (10-15 years experience; & ability to troubleshoot production issues). Moulding Experience in FMCG products, Multi-cavity Moulding, Fast Cycles, Thin-walled Products will be a serious advantage.
• Knowledge of Moulds & Tools, as well as Toolroom operations
• In-Mould Labelling knowledge and experience
• knowledge of Automation (Robotics) in relevant applications
• Electronic and electrical know-how in equipment & tooling in Injection Moulding environment (including PLC’s & Robotics)
• Experience with complex moulds with cores