- South African citizen
- Matric / grade 12 (preference will be given to a tertiary qualification)
- 3-4 years experience in Shipping
- Syspro experience and knowledge is essential
- Current, legal South African drivers licence
- Import Control
- Export Control
- Road Freight
- Legal Compliance and Cost Control
- Excellent administration
- Good writing and communication abilities.
- Excellent command in English.
- Ability to maintain proper reconciliations of company and personal accounts.
- Excellent time management and well organized
- Be self motivated, disciplined, a rule follower, reliable, presentable and professional
- Have initiative, be flexible, dynamic , a self starter , accurate and a team player
- Have common sense, take pride in your work , have a positive attitude and be confident
Duties – including, but not limited to:
- Co-ordinate and consolidate shipments from suppliers in the most cost effective manner
- Negotiate freight rates and sailing and flight schedules etc. to ensure timeous clearance and delivery
- Track shipments with clearing agents with regards to timelines, custom releases or detentions etc.
- Assist sales team with export quotations via air, sea and road
- Negotiate rates with various export agents , shipping lines and road transporters for all forms of export , air, sea and over border
- Negotiate transport and delivery of shipments via the various modes of transport to our premises at the best rate to accommodate our specific schedules and requirements i.e from ports, airports etc.
- Track and trace departure and arrival of shipment
- Keep up to date with tariff consulting, custom regulations, etc.
- Ensure that all stakeholders are up to date with gazetted amendments and regulations,
- File all amendments in the Jacobsens tariff book on a month to month basis
- SABS rules, regulations, standard of requirements, etc.
- Effective Administration of shipments documentation i.e. shipping files, filling, etc.
- Follow up with suppliers for invoices, packing list and related documents
- Follow up with forwarding agents for ANF, shipping lines notifications.
- Submit same to clearing agent with clearing instructions
- Shipping files to adhere to auditors requirements at all times
- Assist accounts with relevant documents and signatures for payment of foreign and local invoices
- Speak dress and act in a professional manner at all times thus enhancing upliftment and promoting the Spazio brand