WHAT IS 3D DESIGN AT THE OPEN WINDOW?
The function and flow of physical, constructed spaces and the shape and form of products heavily influence how we interact with the world. The 3D designer imagines, conceptualises, designs and develops the objects that surround us
The 3D Design course explores the production of tangible and usable products and items, with a focus on form and spatial problem solving.
Areas of focus include product and retail design, packaging, furniture, installations and services. RESPONSIBILITIES:
The incumbent will be required to:
CLOSING DATE: 31 October 2016
- Teach at an undergraduate level in the subject 3DD (industrial/product design);
- Facilitate new content generation to aid in the growth and development of 3DD at The Open Window;
- Attend and participate in Open Window related events;
- Enhance the current curriculum offering with a focus on product and retail design, packaging, furniture, installations and services;
- Lecture, provide course notes, mentor students, conduct formative and summative assessments and record and finalise student achievements within the subject under the guidance and leadership of a Subject Manager.
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Minimum qualification: Honours in related field/s such as Industrial Design, Product Design or Furniture Design
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Good computer skills (CAD related);
- Good language and communication skills.
- Practice/work experience in the fields/related fields of product and retail design, packaging, furniture, installations and services etc;
- Experience in lecturing at tertiary level;
- Inquisitive and explorative in the realm of technological advances and the impact and relationship technology has with the built environment (The Internet of Things, Smart Objects and Spaces, Physical Computing etc);
- Exposure to UX methodologies and practices.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s overall experience as communicated through the application in relation to The Open Window’s policies and procedures. No additional benefits are on offer other than a Retirement Annuity which The Open Window pays for outside of your remuneration package. To apply please send your CV with a motivational cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position to;
Head of School: Interaction Arts
Nadya Santapaganadya@openwindow.co.za Please note:The Open Window reserves the right to retract the position advertised without notice.