WHAT IS INTERCATIVE DEVELOPMENT AT THE OPEN WINDOW?
Interactive Development explores the programming, development and support of various digital products including the creation of engaging and useful websites as well as mobile application development for the growing mobile world.
The course focuses on front-end and touches on back-end development languages and seeks to give students robust and flexible development skills that allow the developer to bring imagination to life on screen.
Areas of focus include applications, web and digital product development.The incumbent will be required to:
- Teach at an undergraduate level in the subject and field of Interactive Development;
- Attend and participate in Open Window related events;
- Facilitate in the ongoing growth and development of Interactive Development at The Open Window;
- Lecture, provide course notes, mentor students, conduct formative and summative assessments and record and finalise student achievements within the subject under the guidance and leadership of a Subject Manager.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Minimum qualification: Honours in related field/s such as Computer Science
Knowledge in the following languages:
The following frameworks:
The following auxiliary skills:
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Bash terminal
- Chrome Developer Tools
- Version control (we teach Git)
- Good language and communication skills.
- Practice/work experience in development and coding;
- Experience in lecturing at tertiary level;
- A background or experience with UX methodologies and practices;
- A background or experience in design.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s overall experience as communicated through the application in relation to The Open Window’s policies and procedures. No additional benefits are on offer other than a Retirement Annuity which The Open Window pays for outside of your remuneration package. To apply please send your CV with a motivational cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position to;
Head of School: Interaction Arts
Nadya Santapaganadya@openwindow.co.za Please note:The Open Window reserves the right to retract the position advertised without notice.